Fun with Music!
Allows the child to experience music through sound, sight, touch to create a musical impact.
Weekly 2–hour lesson. Duration: 1–1.5 years
- Inculcates an awareness of sound, develops the child’s response to music, helps the child form opinions about music.
- Instils an awareness of pulse through singing and movement.
- Instils an awareness of pitch through solfege singing: basic note sounds & pitch relationships
- Introduces the child to reading music: pitch, rhythm
- Introduces the child to various musical instruments, musical styles and composers.
Specialist Music Training
Music Group class for Beginner to Diploma level
Music Appreciation Class
This is the core of the school’s music philosophy.
Weekly 2–hour Music Appreciation Class and 1–hour Individual Instrumental Lesson
Syllabus: Theory, History, Aesthetics of Sound, Instruments, Composers, Repertoire, Genres, Listening to Music, Aural training
Individual Instrumental Lesson
Beginner to Diploma
One-on-one tutoring with personal training and coaching
Weekly 1–hour Individual Instrumental Lesson
Instruments offered: Piano, Violin, Viola, Cello, Flute.
Let’s Play Together
Weekly 1–hour Lesson
- Gives students an opportunity to develop ensemble playing.
- Improves the student’s intonation and musicality through their learning to listen to each other.
- Sharpen the student’s musicianship skills such as aural & sight reading.
- Increases the student’s appreciation of Classical music.
- Samples of repertoire covered: Beethoven’s Ode to Joy, Schubert’s Trout Quintet, Handel’s Water Music & Queen of Sheba as well as arrangements such as Hollywood Suite and Caribbean Suite.